Tuesday, November 26, 2013

See the beauty all around and in yourself & it will help you feel OK

Wellll... in just a few hours I'm off to California with the boyfriend to spend thanksgiving with his family but before I head off to do that I have to blog because I have so much on my mind.

I am thankful for my parents. I am thankful that when I call them in the middle of the night they drop what they're doing to talk to me. I'm thankful that when I can't stop crying they wait on the other end of the phone line until I can tell them what's wrong. I'm thankful that my Dad refers to everything as an "adventure" I am thankful that Nancy always tells me she believes in me. I am thankful they tell me they love me and hug me every chance they get. I am blessed by their positivity, their enthusiasm and excitement. I am thankful that no matter how old I get, they are the first people I call when I am overwhelmed. I love that they always remind me they are "a phone call away" and they truly mean it. Tonight, I just miss them but I love them and I am so excited about all the adventures I get to experience with their love and support to back me up.
I am thankful my siblings are truly my best friends. I am thankful I have two older brothers who taught me how to fight and always remind me if I'm being too much of a girl. I am grateful for Sam who made me a better hockey fan and football fan and remind me that boys and drama don't matter even a little bit. I'm thankful they taught me how to be tough. I am thankful for James who has been my best friend my entire life to be understanding, ask me for advice and give it to me in return. I am glad that he keeps me grounded and sane and understands every single thing I've been through in my entire life. I am grateful I have the sweetest, sassiest little sister Abbey to text all day and teach me how to be cute. To compliment me and always make me feel good about myself. To have my back when I literally can't deal with the stress and do me favors just to be nice. I am ever grateful for Hayden and his constant example. He is growing up to be the absolute best young man, I'm thankful he answers when I call and always says "I love you" I am thankful for his teasing and the fact that he reminds me to be silly and just have fun.

I am ever grateful for Heather. I am glad that we text every week and talk on the phone and she always knows what to say. I am thankful that she understands me and lets me vent. I am thankful that she texts me quotes and reminds me of what's important. I am thankful that I have a second family in her family. I am thankful she is in my life because this girl is the one person I know I can always count on to make me see things differently and be there for me no matter what.

This ones for Erin. Even though I haven't talked to her all semester, I am glad that I have the same best friend since I was 12. I am thankful that her parents adopted me and even when I don't call back they still love me. I am grateful that she is so much like her darling Mother and they both always know what to say. I can't wait to see you at Christmas, E. I love you xx
Last but never ever least I am eternally grateful for this fellow. The things he puts up with from me are praiseworthy for sure. He always keeps me laughing even when I'm grumpy. He always makes time for me even when I know he doesn't have it. He's always generous when we go out. He makes sure to say goodnight and makes me feel so appreciated. He lets me talk even when what I'm saying doesn't make sense or even really matter. He's honest even when he shouldn't be and is kind even when he doesn't want to be. I couldn't ask for a better guy in my life.

I am so blessed with the best friends that I've met at college (MM & Breezy.... that's you!) and with the best neighbors to have girls nights with. I have an awesome RA and friends from back home who make time to catch up with me in their busy post- high school schedules but I simply don't have enough time, room or energy to write about it all. I am headed out tomorrow and I am oh so excited! I get to spend 4 whole days in California with one of my favorite people. I am so grateful for his family and their willingness to have me in their home for this holiday. I am one very blessed girl! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment