Saturday, September 15, 2012

cancer sucks.

Yes, I used the word cancer in this blog post. I guess you aren't supposed to do things like that. 
This post is on a much more serious note, so if you don't want to know then don't read it.
I have been extremely humbled lately. In the past few months, I found out news that a dear friend of mine,  Angéline was diagnosed with cancer, she is the most fun, adventurous and genuine girl that I know! I was in New York and there wasn't much I felt like I could do so I sent her a message on facebook and left it at that. Then recently another good friend Matt, a boy who I absolutely adore was diagnosed with cancer. This just broke my heart. These two people are some of the most amazing people that I have had the pleasure of knowing, I was so mad that something like this would happen, I felt so helpless, like there was nothing I could do to help them except pray really really hard, I still sometimes feel like there's nothing I can do but I can be a friend. I am a friend. Cancer doesn't stop love or take friends or stop laughter. It's powerless.
Matt's sister is keeping up a blog about him and his progress:  http://matthewreespeters.blogspot.com/
and I check it every day waiting for new posts. His family is so inspiring. They are so positive and kind and compassionate to every person they interact with. It astonishes me, I wish I could be as strong and positive as them. They are such examples to me!
Angeline is keeping up a blog as well (thank heavens for blogs!):  http://angelinesfight.blogspot.com/
Angéline has always been one of my favorite people, she encourages adventure and she encourages me to always be my best self, especially when I most need it. She has stayed true to that even through this trial, she is her best self. She radiates sunshine and I never see her get down. I see her fighting and encouraging and one of her recent facebook status's really struck me and I absolutley HAD to share it....

"i was at coffee rush with moose, and i just wanted to tell every person smoking to STOP because cancer sucks. especially the little teenagers.
STOP SMOKING. CANCER SUCKS.
i will tell you right now, its not worth it.
i promise you.
its. not. worth. it."


I am going to leave it at that, but I encourage you to check out their blogs and raise awareness.

My friends so INSPIRE me, I hope to be more like them.



No comments:

Post a Comment