Tuesday, July 24, 2012

another summer day has come and gone away, I just wanna go home


[Upstate Palmyra, New York... what an amazing place]
I'm at the point where I don't know what stories I've told or what pictures I've posted, so instead I'm going to talk about what I've been thinking
I know this seems kind of silly, but living in New York for the summer has taught me so much. 
Simple things like how the subway works and how to save and spend money, how to be on time when you need to take a train, bus and a cab plus walk 2 blocks, but it's also taught me a lot about friendships, how appreciative I am for my friends that live here and my friends back home, I've learned how to be a better friend. Its made me really appreciate my family. All that they do for me and how lucky I am to have siblings to help me and stay up late and talk to me and comfort me and do every thing that my friends wouldn't be able to do or understand and it's been such a good reminder of who I am and what i want out of life. How I want people to view me and I've thought a lot about choices and how many people see the choices I make and what example I am showing to my friends and the rest of the world, I am beyond excited to go back home tomorrow but boy, will I miss it here, I have had so many memories and so many lessons this summer, I feel a little bit more prepared to enter my senior year and to live in a new house with my new family and I am ready for my brother to leave, I am so excited for all the changes my family is going through back home and that I get to join them when I get there. I'm so glad I've had this blog to share my memories, pictures and feelings.

Here are some pictures:

[So grateful I got the opportunity to see one of the 7 wonders of the world --> Niagara Falls]

[Many days in the city, Brooklyn Bridge with Jill]


[Aaron and Hannah (who is not in this picture) are some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of being friends with, I am so thankful to them for including me all summer]

p.s. listening to home by micheal buble... seemed fitting


No comments:

Post a Comment